A Statement of Doctrine is a brief summary of the important beliefs held. Our Statement of Doctrine forms part of the SELCC Trust Deed*
Any teaching given at camp will follow this doctrine (although camps will not necessarily cover all aspect of this doctrine). It will be broadly similar to the Statement of Doctrine of the churches from which we draw our officers.
“We hold (among other Truths)
- THE SOVEREIGNTY and grace of God the Father and God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit in creation providence revelation redemption and final judgement
- THE DIVINE inspiration of the Holy Scriptures (the Old and New Testaments of the Bible) and its entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct
- THE UNIVERSAL sinfulness and guilt of fallen man making him subject to God’s wrath and condemnation
- THE SUBSTITUTIONARY sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God (Jesus Christ) as the sole and all sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin and from its eternal consequences
- THE JUSTIFICATION of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ crucified on the cross and buried and risen from the dead
- BAPTISM by immersion of Believers but not as essential to Salvation
- THE ILLUMINATING regenerating indwelling and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit
- THE PRIESTHOOD of all believers who form the universal Church the Body of which Christ Jesus is the head and through which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world
- THE EXPECTATION of the personal visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory”
*this is a legal document . In common with other legal documents, this statement does not have any punctuation. This is supposed to prevent it being changed by inserting or deleting a comma etc.